NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY. THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS A GAME OF SKILL INTENDED ONLY FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PUERTO RICO AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”) for the B.A.S.S., LLC., FANTASY FISHING CHALLENGE (the “Promotion“). The Promotion is sponsored by B.A.S.S., LLC 3500 Blue Lake Dr., Suite 330, Birmingham, AL 35243 (“Sponsor“). To the extent any advertisers are associated with the Promotion, each such advertiser shall be deemed a “Promoter” for purposes of these Official Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, (an “Entrant,” “Player or “You“). Registration is further described below. The following are not eligible to participate or win in this Promotion: (i) employees and agents of Sponsor, Promoter or Promoters and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, franchisees and licensees, and its respective advertising/promotion agencies (collectively the “Promotion Entities“); and (ii) the “immediate family members” and/or “household members” of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET (the “Promotion Period” or “Season“)
3. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The Promotion will consist of eleven (11) separate tour events (each a “Tournament“) during the period of March 4, 2016 through September 18, 2016. For each Tournament, prizes will be awarded to the Player or Players who accumulate the greatest number of points as specified below. For the Season, prizes will be awarded to the Player or Players who accumulate the greatest number of points for each tournament as described in Section 7, Winner Determination, below
4. REGISTRATION: To access the Promotion, visit Bassmaster.com and click on the link to “Fantasy”. To enter the Promotion, you must set up an account.
If you do not have an account, you may register by clicking on the applicable link as indicated on the Promotion entry page and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and to select a username and password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsor, Promoters and other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password. You will also be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails. Consenting to receive promotional e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to become a member, participate in this promotion or to win a prize
5. PROMOTION DEFINITIONS
- “Tour” shall refer to the Bassmaster Tournament Trail.
- “Tournament” shall refer to one of the eleven (11) fishing tournaments consisting of ten (10) Bassmaster Elite Series tournaments plus the Bassmaster Classic tournament.
- “Entrant or Player” shall refer to a person who has entered the Promotion in compliance with these Official Rules.
- “Angler or Professional” shall refer to a real person who participates in the Tour or a Tournament upon which the Promotion is based.
- “Team or Roster” shall refer to a team of exactly five (5) Professionals chosen by a given Entrant for a particular Tournament.
- “Season Ranking” shall refer to the cumulative results of the Promotion based on all Tournaments to date.
- “Catch” shall refer to the total fish caught by a Professional and submitted by him for weigh-in on a given day of a Tournament.
6. HOW TO PLAY: a. General. The objective of the Promotion is to accumulate the most points (see “Scoring” below) over the course of each Tournament listed below.
b. Entry. You may enter the Promotion by first logging in to the system with your username and password during the Promotion Period and completing the entry by clicking on the “Create Team” button. You may then be asked to answer survey questions or to consent to receive promotional e-mails from the Sponsor.
c. Select Your Anglers. For each Tournament, you must select five (5) anglers to form a complete Roster per the Tournament schedule below (an “Entry”). All Rosters are divided into five (5) angler groupings, each a “Group”.
- Group A – select one (1) angler.
- Group B – select one (1) angler.
- Group C – select one (1) angler.
- Group D – select one (1) angler.
- Group E – select one (1) angler.
Rosters may be changed at will without penalty prior to each event’s Locktime. An angler’s group designation may change for each event of the promotion.
Tournament Roster Selection Schedule
Dates and times are subject to change.
||All Roster selections can begin starting at
12:01 PM ET
|All Roster changes must be received by 06:00 AM ET (“Locktime”)
|2016 GEICO Bassmaster Classic
|Elite Series Tournament: St. Johns River
|Elite Series Tournament: Winyah Bay
|Elite Series Tournament: Bulls Shoals/Norfork
|Elite Series Tournament: Wheeler Lake
|Elite Series: Toledo Bend
|Elite Series Tournament: Bassmaster BASSfest
|Elite Series Tournament: Cayuga Lake
|Elite Series Tournament: Potomac River
|Elite Series Tournament: Mississippi River
|Elite Series Tournament: Toyota Bassmaster AOY Championship
d. Scoring. Each Player will have points added or deducted based on his or her selected Team members’ performance. Standings are determined by a system that awards points based on final standings in each Bassmaster Elite Series event. The Players also will earn points for the 2016 GEICO Bassmaster Classic event based on a similar but modified scoring system as there are fewer anglers competing
The system awards 300 points to the winner of each tournament, with a five-point decrease per position through fifth place, which receives 280 points. There is a four-point decrease from sixth (276) to 10th place (260), and a three-point decrease per position from 11th place (257) to 15th place (245), and a two-point decrease per position from 16th place through the rest of the field. Anglers who finish in a tie receive points based on a formula that adds the points of the affected positions and divides the total by the number of anglers tied for the position. The resulting number represents the number of points awarded to each angler in a tie. An angler must weigh a legal fish to register points, and those who do not are not awarded points for the tournament.
For each day they lead a tournament, five bonus points are added to an angler’s total, including the final day. Anglers who do not catch any fish in a tournament do not receive points.
Forty (40) bonus points will be added to the angler’s total who catches the heaviest fish of each tournament.
A ‘Big Bag’ bonus of forty (40) bonus points will be added to the angler’s total who has the highest 1-day total weight of each tournament.
Elite Series Season Rankings are cumulative of all Elite Series events, from Elite Series tournament #1, St. Johns River, through Elite Series tournament #10, Toyota Bassmaster AOY Championship. The 2016 GEICO Bassmaster Classic will not be included in the Elite Series Season Rankings.
e. Locktime. All Roster changes must be completed by 6:00 a.m ET on the first day of each event, as shown in the chart above. Selections submitted after Locktime are considered invalid. If a Player has not set his or her Team by Locktime, the Player’s Roster from the previous tournament will be used. If any of his or her anglers have moved out of the Group they were in from the previous tournament, the Player will be assigned the highest-owned angler in the Group with the Rosters lock.
f. Tiebreaker: Players will be given the opportunity to answer one (1) tie-breaker question during the entry process (Tiebreaker #1 below). Answering the tie-breaker question is optional. If a player chooses not to answer the tie-breaker question, he/she will be given a score of zero (0) for Tiebreaker #1 below.
In the event of a tie, the pool of tied players will be reduced until only one (1) potential winner for each prize remains by applying the tie-breaker rules below in the order listed. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
Tournament and Season Tiebreakers:
For both the Tournament and Season prizes, the tiebreakers will be:
- Tiebreaker #1: Closest to total weight of submitted fish for the official weigh-in by the winning angler, in pounds and ounces.
- Tiebreaker #2: Highest total number of fish submitted for the official weigh-in by the anglers selected in the entrant’s roster.
- Tiebreaker #3: Highest total weight of submitted fish for the official weigh-in by the anglers selected in the entrant’s roster.
- Tiebreaker #4: The entrant whose date of entry creation was recorded in the system the earliest.
g. Umpires and referees. The decisions of the officials responsible for officiating each Tournament shall be final and legally binding regarding the outcome and scoring of each event.
THERE IS A LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER TOURNAMENT (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS). If more than (1) entry is received per person or e-mail address per tournament, that person will be disqualified and not be eligible to win a prize. Potential winners may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the registered individual associated with the winning entry. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Promotion. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Promotion. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online, or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
7. WINNER DETERMINATION:
Classic Grand Prize Winner: The Player that accumulates the highest number of points during the 2016 GEICO Bassmaster Classic Tournament will be determined to be the potential Classic Grand Prize Winner.
Classic Runner-Up Prize Winner: The Player that accumulates the second highest number of points during the 2016 GEICO Bassmaster Classic Tournament will be determined to be the potential Classic Runner-Up Prize Winner.
Elite Series Individual Event First Prize Winners: The Players that accumulate the highest number of points during each Elite Series Individual Event will be determined to be a potential Elite Series Individual Event First Prize Winner.
Elite Series Individual Event Second Prize Winners: The Players that accumulate the second highest number of points during each Elite Series Individual Event will be determined to be a potential Elite Series Individual Event Second Prize Winner.
Elite Series Grand Prize Winner: The Player that accumulates the highest number of points during the entire Elite Series Tournament Season will be determined to be the potential Elite Series Grand Prize Winner.
8. PRIZE(S)/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Classic Grand Prize: One (1) Classic Grand Prize winner will receive a $2,500 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card. If Classic Grand Prize winner is a B.A.S.S. Member as of 3/4/16, he/she will receive an additional $500 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card. Total MAXIMUM ARV of Classic Grand Prize is $3,000.
Classic Runner-Up Prize Winner: One (1) Classic Runner-Up Prize winner will receive a GoPro Hero 4 Black Camera. Total ARV of Classic Runner-Up Prize is $499.
Elite Series Prizes
Elite Series Individual Events First Prize: Each of ten (10) Elite Series Individual Event First Prize winners will receive a $2,500 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card. If an Elite Series Individual Events First Prize winner is a B.A.S.S. Member as of each Elite Series Individual Event “Lockdown” date, as indicated in the chart above, he/she will receive an additional $500 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card. Total MAXIMUM ARV of each Elite Series Individual Event First Prize is $3,000.
Elite Series Individual Events Second Prize: Each of the ten (10) Elite Series Individual Event Second Prize winners will receive a GoPro Hero 4 Black Camera. Total ARV of each Elite Series Individual Event Second Prize is $499.
Elite Series Grand Prize (top Season total): One (1) Elite Series Grand Prize Winner will receive a Triton 189TrX boat with a Yamaha VF150LA motor, MotorGuide X3 70# 24v trolling motor and a Lowrance Mark 5 (ARV: $37,293). If Elite Series Grand Prize winner is a B.A.S.S. member as of 9/15/16, he/she will receive an additional $500 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card. Total MAXIMUM ARV of Elite Series Grand Prize is $37,793. ARV is as of date of drafting these Official Rules. The difference in value of Grand Prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification or awarding, if any, will not be awarded.
The Elite Series Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a certificate that can be redeemed at your nearest Triton Boat dealership. Certificate must be redeemed in-person. Certificate is not redeemable for cash. Grand Prize winner will be responsible for transporting prize from dealership.
Elite Series Grand Prize winner may need to provide a valid U.S. Driver’s License and proof of Insurance Coverage or any other required documentation requested by the dealer and/or manufacturer. Elite Series Grand Prize winner may need insurance prior to taking receipt of the Elite Series Grand Prize. Sales tax may vary from state to state and is the responsibility of the Elite Series Grand Prize winner, not the Sponsor, the manufacturers or dealers or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and successor companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents.
Elite Series Grand Prize will be available with standard equipment; any upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the Elite Series Grand Prize winner. Color, package, factory options, and other prize specifics to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and are subject to availability. Elite Series Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all of the following and their related costs: optional equipment; freight and dealer prep fees; title; license; insurance; and registration fees required in claiming the Elite Series Grand Prize; applicable taxes; as well as all other expenses relating to the receipt and use of Elite Series Grand Prize, including any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the Elite Series Grand Prize. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the Elite Series Grand Prize winner.
ONLY THE NUMBER OF PRIZES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION AND THE RECEIPT AND/OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OFFERED IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT ANY BOATING ACTIVITY THAT IS BEYOND YOUR SKILL LEVEL. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THE INHERENT HAZARDS, DANGERS AND RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH BOATING, AND THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF SUCH ACTIVITIES, AND ENTRANTS ASSUME THESE RISKS AND DANGERS.
Total Maximum value of all prizes above: $76,282.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION:
Classic Grand Prize winner, Elite Series Individual Event First Prize winners and the Elite Series Grand Prize winner will be notified by email and will be required to sign and return, within ten (10) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Waiver, a W-9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases”). Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner with the next highest number of points may be notified. The prize package will be awarded within 6-8 weeks after the winner is verified.
Classic Runner-Up Prize winner and Elite Series Individual Event Second Prize winners will be notified by email and will be required to confirm their name, date of birth and full mailing address within ten (10) days of notification via return email. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner with the next highest number of points may be notified. The prize package will be awarded within 6-8 weeks after the winner is verified
10. PRIZE CONDITIONS. The ARV of consumer electronics prizes are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within ten (10) days after being sent will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for prize of comparable value. Sponsor reserves the right to award the actual cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses relative to participation in the Promotion (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein. EACH WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. CLASSIC GRAND PRIZE WINNER, ELITE SERIES INDIVIDUAL EVENT FIRST PRIZE WINNERS AND ELITE SERIES GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO FURNISH HIS/HER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PREPARATION OF ANY TAX FORMS AS REQUIRED BY LAW.
Gift Certificates/Cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift card/certificate usage is subject to the issuing company’s complete terms and conditions, including expiration dates.
11. MINORS. If a potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner’s parent/legal guardian must execute all Releases and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian for the benefit of the minor.
12. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. This Promotion is governed by, and these rules will be construed and interpreted pursuant to, the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes, and all income and any other taxes, fees and surcharges will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, Entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Administrator and each of their respective related companies, franchisees and licensees, and all of its respective companies’ officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize, if applicable). Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of an offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Promotion for any of the following reasons if: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion occur; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, or war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared) occur. In such event, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, and select winners from all entries received up to the time of termination.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. RELEASE, PUBLICITY: As a condition of participating and/or receiving a prize, Sponsor reserves the right to require potential winners to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of the date stated on the prize notification. Except as otherwise prohibited by law, by participating and or accepting prize, Entrants and winners grant permission to use his or her name, address, likeness, photograph, and statements to Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising/promotional agencies for advertising/publicity purposes in any and all media, worldwide, without further compensation.
14. VERIFICATION / DISQUALIFICATION / VOID ENTRIES: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND LEGALLY BINDING. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected (i.e., the person with the next most points) if (i) he/she does not comply with these Official Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after two (2) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified, then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these Official Rules or donate the prize to another entity, or not award the prize, at its sole discretion). Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any Entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry per Tournament by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that Entrant’s entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
15. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the state of Alabama; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (iv) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Alabama law, without reference to Alabama’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
17. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Such requests must be received by 9/15/16.
2016 Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing Official Rules Request
PO Box 25466
Rochester, NY 14625-0466
18. WINNERS LIST REQUEST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Such requests must be received by 10/17/16.
2016 Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing Winners List Request
PO Box 25466
Rochester, NY 14625-0466
The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 B.A.S.S., LLC.
Void in Puerto Rico, outside the United States and wherever else prohibited by law.